Medical Equipment blood pressure monitors
Diagnosing and treating hypertension is serious business, and as research shows, ABPM is far superior to other testing available to clinicians. ABPM provides valuable diagnostic information that in-clinic and home blood pressure monitoring systems are incapable of measuring including:
- BP variability and a more accurate estimation of true blood pressure
- Overnight changes in blood pressure (dipper status)
- Morning surges in blood press
In general, ABPM is recognized in the medical community as a valuable tool for supporting the management of appropriate pharmacologic treatment as well as the assessment of:
- "White coat” hypertension, when elevated blood pressure measurements are recorded in the physican’s office environment while blood pressure readings outside the physician’s office are within a normal range.
- Resistant hypertension, when multiple anti-hypertensive medications fail to adequately control high blood pressure.
- Masked hypertension, when in-office measurements fall within an acceptable range, but the mean blood pressure is actually above the acceptable range.
- Hypotensive symptoms with hypertensive medications.
The diagnostic test begins with fitting a patient with a portable monitor and BP cuff. The patient leaves and returns the next day. Over this period of time, the monitor takes measurements periodically as programmed by the clinician, generally each 15-30 minutes during awake hours and 30-45 minutes during sleeping hours.
Utilizing our ABP monitor - Oscar 2 or Oscar 2 with SphygmoCor Inside - the patient returns and these measurements are transferred to a computer where they can be easily viewed and documented in a report using the AccuWin Pro™ software. You are then able to see the full picture when it comes to assessing blood pressure and diagnosing hypertension in your patient. The results of ABP monitoring provide the most comprehensive representation of a patient’s complete blood pressure profile.
When the complete picture is what you need, we are here to provide you with just that. Our ABPM devices don’t miss a step – so you won’t either.
Oscar 2: Instructional Video
The Oscar 2™ system from SunTech Medical sets the standard in ABPM by meeting the highest clinical standards, optimizing patient comfort through innovation, and giving clinicians practical interpretive analysis and reporting tools.
Orbit BP Cuff: Proper Sizing
When it comes to cuffs one size does not fit all. We at SunTech Medical continually promote the importance of proper BP measurement technique. One of the most integral parts of BP measurement is ensuring you are using the correct cuff size for your patient. This becomes even more important for ABPM studies using the Oscar 2 because the cuff is the sensor, and therefore a main component of generating BP results. Applying an unsuitable cuff to your patient can cause erroneous ABPM study results, and therefore affect a patient's hypertension diagnosis. To facilitate proper cuff sizing when using the SunTech Medical Oscar 2 ABPM System, we have created this video which will walk you through the required steps to determine the appropriate cuff size for each ABPM study you conduct.